Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bourdain, Anthony. Kitchen Confidential. 1st US ed. Harrisonburg, VA: R.R Donnelly & Sons
Company, 2000. Print.

I am such a fan of this guy! In my mind he is everything that a chef should be. He is strong and ambitious. He understands where he came from, and has an idea of where he is. Even though his life is controlled chaos, he has found a way to get by. Being a chef is not easy and he tells what it is to do the job in this book. Along with the glory comes substantial pain and horrible doubt at every corner. The job is not for everyone. Only the very strong survive. The greatest question that one has got to ask is, "am I ready to do torture to my body and soul every day, or am I just jerking off?


Parmer, Chris. Personal Interview. 6 April 2010

My buddy, former co-worker, and mentor, Chris has become a restaurant manager,(both kitchen and front of the house) by will alone. By saying this I mean he has had no formal training , as in any kind of a degree. I respect him immensely and am proud to have worked with him. He got a taste for cooking in the Navy, and never looked back. His story is not unique for anyone who becomes inspired to cook for the masses. What is unique about Chris is he has single-handedly claimed up the ranks with just his own goals in mind and nothing else. Truly he is a kitchen warrior.



1 comment:

  1. I am so incredibly jealous of Anthony Bourdain's job. I mean, he travels to awesome places and eats great food. Tough times.

    ReplyDelete